Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 switch crashes when enabling Dot1x

Reidar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a 3750 stack that crashes when I enable dot1x, the switch is running c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE I found a bug with this problem with status fixed, bug ID: CSCte54884 but unfortunately there is no workaround, fixed in version or any information. I have tested IOS c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE1 but dot1x is not working optimal on that version. Do you have any suggestion how I can solve this, or do you have more information regarding the bug?

Regards

Reidar

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Reidar,

between a device crashing and one working suboptimally when 802.1X is enabled I still see a big difference

for your information release 12.2(44)SE1 is listed among affected versions of the same bug

there is no fixed in release listed we can guess that images will be released soon with this fix.

just for completing information to be heplful for other people,  what kind of 802.1X commands have you tried to add?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you for your quick replay  :-)

I tested the dot1x config with IOS version 12.2(44)SE1 in lab only, with low load, but I did'nt experience the crash problem. The 12.2.(44) version was not usasble because of other bugs.

Here is the dot1x config:

authentication event no-response action authorize vlan 999
authentication host-mode multi-domain
authentication port-control auto
authentication periodic
authentication violation protect
mab
dot1x pae authenticator
dot1x timeout tx-period 4

Regards

Reidar

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We've temporarily halted our dot1x experiments and testing after I logged a TAC Case.  Using the latest IOS, 12.2(53) our switches would crash, magnificently, until we remove the dot1x statement.  According to TAC (February 2010) the DE is finalizing the release of the new IOS which will fix the bug.

Thank you for your replay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card