Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

3750 switch IOS upgradation process

Hi netpros,

Please provide me the steps for IOS upgradation for 3750 stack(4)switch by manual and automatic steos , any links , online material.

It is not like normal .bin file it is .tar file.

Thanks in advance

Saravanan

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: 3750 switch IOS upgradation process

Re: 3750 switch IOS upgradation process

I suggest you to download CNA from CCO.

This tool allows you to upgrade a 3K switch or stack by just point and clik/drag.

The .tar image contains a set of html files to be use with a tool called Device Mgr. this tool allows you to manage the switch. If you don't use that tool, then download a .bin file.

It is recommended to use the archive command since it will create the directory in flash and update the boot image name so the boot loader will find it quickly. Otherwise you have to do it manually.

The upgrade is not much different than upgradeing any Cisco router, tftp the image into flash and change the boot variable or just delete the older images from flash.

I hope this helps.

++Jose

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content