cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 switch problem bootup doesn't work

jamierask55
Level 1
Level 1

I am attaching a log for the 3750 switch that will not boot up. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to recover this switch. It is a lab switch and I have another 3750 and I know that these switches are stackable. I just do not know why it is doing what it is doing. Help please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try using the securecrt/putty or hyper-terminal.

Make sure you have set the baud settings correct.

Try to boot the switch into rommon mode and see f you are able to see anything.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try using the securecrt/putty or hyper-terminal.

Make sure you have set the baud settings correct.

Try to boot the switch into rommon mode and see f you are able to see anything.

Alright the baud rate worked. I changed the tera term baud rate set to 115200 worked and I could get setting of the switch to work. I changed the stack 8/0/1 back to the original config of 1/0/1 and then read someplace in cisco docs that you can change the line con 0 speed to 9600 so I tried that and then changed the tera term back to 9600 and presto it worked. Here is the problem now. I can not connect the RJ45 from my access server octo cable to the switch and get any response from the access server. It just sits there and does nothing. I have it configured correctly on my 3640 router with a 32 port async cable module because every other switch (5 of them) and router(4 of them) works except the 3750 that had the baud rate problem. I also read someplace about changing the speed in rom mon mode but there was some debate on whether that actually worked or not. I could connect the 2 3750's together with the 2 stack cables I bought and run one master (the switch that connects to the access server) and the second as the client/slave with the port config changed to 2/0/1 and use it that way but that takes the 6th switch out of my lab and essentially gives me 2 48 port 3750 switches working as one. I would prefer to have the six separate switches in my lab stack. I saved the config after updating the speed of the console port. The weird thing is that I am connecting to the console port with the access server and it will not work but if I connect directly it works. Maybe it has something to do with the access server reverse telneting(what I have read) into the switch in which case it would be a vty connection???? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this thing working 100 percent correctly.

Thanks,

Jamie

I also want to add that I was pushing the mode button to see what it all did and I read that if you hold the mode button in for a certain amount of time it sets the switch back to default setting????

Truth to that or not???

Jamie

Truth. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card