Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3750 switch problem bootup doesn't work

I am attaching a log for the 3750 switch that will not boot up. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to recover this switch. It is a lab switch and I have another 3750 and I know that these switches are stackable. I just do not know why it is doing what it is doing. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Try using the securecrt/putty

Try using the securecrt/putty or hyper-terminal.

Make sure you have set the baud settings correct.

Try to boot the switch into rommon mode and see f you are able to see anything.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Try using the securecrt/putty

Try using the securecrt/putty or hyper-terminal.

Make sure you have set the baud settings correct.

Try to boot the switch into rommon mode and see f you are able to see anything.

Alright the baud rate worked.

Alright the baud rate worked. I changed the tera term baud rate set to 115200 worked and I could get setting of the switch to work. I changed the stack 8/0/1 back to the original config of 1/0/1 and then read someplace in cisco docs that you can change the line con 0 speed to 9600 so I tried that and then changed the tera term back to 9600 and presto it worked. Here is the problem now. I can not connect the RJ45 from my access server octo cable to the switch and get any response from the access server. It just sits there and does nothing. I have it configured correctly on my 3640 router with a 32 port async cable module because every other switch (5 of them) and router(4 of them) works except the 3750 that had the baud rate problem. I also read someplace about changing the speed in rom mon mode but there was some debate on whether that actually worked or not. I could connect the 2 3750's together with the 2 stack cables I bought and run one master (the switch that connects to the access server) and the second as the client/slave with the port config changed to 2/0/1 and use it that way but that takes the 6th switch out of my lab and essentially gives me 2 48 port 3750 switches working as one. I would prefer to have the six separate switches in my lab stack. I saved the config after updating the speed of the console port. The weird thing is that I am connecting to the console port with the access server and it will not work but if I connect directly it works. Maybe it has something to do with the access server reverse telneting(what I have read) into the switch in which case it would be a vty connection???? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this thing working 100 percent correctly.

Thanks,

Jamie

I also want to add that I was

I also want to add that I was pushing the mode button to see what it all did and I read that if you hold the mode button in for a certain amount of time it sets the switch back to default setting????

Truth to that or not???

Jamie

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Truth. 

Truth. 

Views
Helpful
Replies