Helpful
Replies

3750 switch SNMP semlocked

exhilaratedsri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a lab switch. Recently I am getting

"%SCHED-3-SEMLOCKED: SNMP ENGINE attempted to lock a semaphore, already locked by itself" message and the switch has started to hang a little bit. I just want to know what this log means and how to trouble shoot.

I'm using C3750, version 12.2(25)SEE3

Thanks,

Sri

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The traceback may vary.

Conditions: This symptom is observed if the snmp engine is shut down during the processing of an snmpset. Entering the command no snmp-server in config mode is one way that the snmp engine can be shut down. The likely hood of the snmp engine being shut down during the processing of an snmpset is very small.

Workaround: There is no workaround other than to reboot the device.

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

View solution in original post

Hi Srikant,

It's an IOS defect (most likely CSCse97398) that is why the device is displaying this behavor. A reload is a workaround, but the issue may return. To resolve this issue you must upgrade to 12.2(35)SE or greater which contains the fix for the above defect.

HTH

Anthony

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Srikanth,

Just reboot the device will solve this problem.

and this is the only way.

REgards

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks Sandeep. Also can you explain what does this syslog means:

%SCHED-3-SEMLOCKED: SNMP ENGINE attempted to lock a semaphore, already locked by itself

and why the device started generating this syslog?

Hi,

The traceback may vary.

Conditions: This symptom is observed if the snmp engine is shut down during the processing of an snmpset. Entering the command no snmp-server in config mode is one way that the snmp engine can be shut down. The likely hood of the snmp engine being shut down during the processing of an snmpset is very small.

Workaround: There is no workaround other than to reboot the device.

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

Hi Srikant,

It's an IOS defect (most likely CSCse97398) that is why the device is displaying this behavor. A reload is a workaround, but the issue may return. To resolve this issue you must upgrade to 12.2(35)SE or greater which contains the fix for the above defect.

HTH

Anthony

exhilaratedsri
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Sandeep and answanso its really helpful.

I tried to look more into this issue and I have found another bug related to this : CSCti85075

could this be associated to my ios?

and can you explain traceback in detail. I know a very little about it. It would be great help if you guys can explain it in detail. 

Hi Srikant,

CSCti85075 isn't fixed for your train of IOS.

Thanks

Anthony

HI Srikant,

Have you tried to reboot the device??

Regards

Yes rebooting the device solves the issue. Thanks Sandeep, Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: