Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750 Switch Stacks

I have a 3750 stack that I need to remove a switch from and reconnect the stack cables. Has anyone performed anything like this in a production environment without powering down or rebooting? I figure if anything i would have to provision the old switch out of the stack and renumber one of them.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 REPLIES

3750 Switch Stacks

Hi David,

How many switches are in the Stack and which switch number is the switch you want to remove?

Thanks,

Re: 3750 Switch Stacks

There are 7 switches in the stack. Switch #1 is master and all others are members. I want to remove switch #6 and renumber switch #7 to switch #6. I don't know if disconnecting the stack cables will affect all switches or just the two being disconnected until I reconnect them back together.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Bronze

Re: 3750 Switch Stacks

Hi David,

If you are removing switch #6 and you plan to renumber switch #7 as switch #6 you will have to reboot that switch for it to take the new number.

As long as you maintain ATLEAST a half duplex stack ring (you can verify this via "show switch stack-ring speed") the stack connectivity will not be adversely affected.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content