cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 - vlan route-map's

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch stack of 3750's running IPServices 12.2(25)SEE4. I was wanting to implement a route-map to direct certain addresses with in a VLAN to be routed to another default route. Though when I apply the command on the vlan interface, it does not take. Any reason why? Am I missing? the following are the commands I am using

Thanks in advance

~Jeff

Config t

Access-list 20 permit 172.16.12.20

Route-map word permit 10

Match ip address 20

Set ip default next-hop 172.16.2.5

int vlan 12

ip policy route-map word

9 Replies 9

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

I assume you can ping 172.16.2.5 from a host in vlan 12? Do you have any vacls in place that might be blocking traffic from vlan 12 to 172.16.2.5?

thanks for your reply. No vacls any where else, and yes I can ping from the 12 to 172.16.12.5 It is weird, when I apply the policy to int vlan 12, and do a show run int vlan 12, the command does not appear.

I have looked over some unsupported commands for this version of IOS, and from I can see, only route-map commands that set to a prefix-list appear to be unsupported.

Any other thoughts?

You need to modify the default SDM template for PBR to work. Configure the command 'sdm prefer routing-pbr' to enable PBR functionality. Reload is required for the SDM template change to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/catalyst3750m/software/release/12.1_14_ax/configuration/guide/swsdm.html

HTH

Sundar

Thanks Sundar - I went to apply this command to our switch stack this morning and the option for 'routing-pbr' was not listed. I could issue 'sdm prefer routing' Though I am looking for pbr functionality. Any thoughts as to why that command was not listed. Could it be a IOS version?

Thanks,

~Jeff

The link provided by Sundar was for an old IOS version. You are running 12.2(25) and the software supports IPv4 PBR only when the dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 routing template is configured.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swsdm.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for the reply Edison. After looking at the link you posted it would appear that by running the command 'sdm prefer routing desktop' I would obtain 512k for pbr ace's.

this is what is currently configured:

Switch# show sdm prefer

The current template is "desktop default" template.

The selected template optimizes the resources in

the switch to support this level of features for

8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.

number of unicast mac addresses: 6K

number of igmp groups + multicast routes: 1K

number of unicast routes: 8K

number of directly connected hosts: 6K

number of indirect routes: 2K

number of policy based routing aces: 0

number of qos aces: 512

number of security aces: 1K

and this is with the command stated above:

Switch# show sdm prefer routing

"desktop routing" template:

The selected template optimizes the resources in

the switch to support this level of features for

8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.

number of unicast mac addresses: 3K

number of igmp groups + multicast routes: 1K

number of unicast routes: 11K

number of directly connected hosts: 3K

number of indirect routes: 8K

number of policy based routing aces: 512

number of qos aces: 512

number of security aces: 1K

Am I reading that correctly?

Just change the SDM from desktop default to routing and the router will have the PBR features you need. You must reboot for the changes to take effect.

Good luck

__

Edison.

Thanks - yes I made the change by applying 'sdm prefer routing desktop' and I now have pbr functionality.

Thanks to everyone for the help

gandrath.nithin
Level 1
Level 1

i too face the same kind of issue , might be the IOS doesnt support .

Rgds,

Nithin Gandrath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco