Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-X Buffer-Management

Hi all,

some days ago someone posted a link to a very good document on 3750-X Buffer-management from the Documnets-Area here on CSC. Sadly I didn't bookmark that and now I don't find it any more.

So, please post it again! ;-)

And if anyone has more information on handling microbursts on that platform, I'm also happy to get them.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni       

19 Replies 19

You need a login, but i think that it's free for everyone since a couple of years.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Just create an account on ciscolive365.com. It's free!

Then do a search for BRKARC or Catalyst 3750 or whatever platform you are interested in. Lots of great stuff there.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks to both of you.

Jon

i was wondering whether other vendors, such as Juniper, having had the advantage of starting from scratch in effect, had managed to apply a more consistent approach to QOS on their hardware platforms.

Ask me that in about 6 months - we're going to be doing massive deployment of brand J along side our brand C.

PS:

One great feature of brand J, all their (different model) devices are configured exactly alike, except when they are not. 

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

One can only hope that future switches get the QoS of 3650 and 3850 with MQC and the use of queue-limit instead of buffers and so on.

Although MQC makes for a more consistency, is some ways, it's lipstick on a pig.  L3 switches are very much limited by the capabilities of the hardware.  You'll often find many MQC commands work on an ISR but not on a L3 switch that does MQC.

Very recently, we're starting to deploy sup2Ts, and their MQC supports also depends on line card.  So, we're staying with WRR type commands, which seem to work, as expected, with both the older and newer line cards. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card