Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

Im a dummy and i'm recently started working with Cisco devices.
I want to make a test network where I want to accomplish vMotion.

I first want to configure the switch so that i can reach the IBM storage by IP.

the problem:

So im trying to configure the switch (Cisco 3750).

As i created a vlan etc. i tried connecting to the web interface. So i connect to the ip 192.168.1.22 and it worked.

I tried to acces the web console so i have a better view (because i am a dummy) about what's going on. This failed and it displayed a 404. I googled about this and i had to update the IOS image to c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar and than i could access the web console. So i tried to update and followed the guide from a Cisco page. The image was on it but i could't get it proper to work but I tought it did so i rebooted the switch. I got an Error:

Loading "flash:c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar"...flash:c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar: no such file or directory

Error loading "flash:/c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.
Boot process failed...

The system is unable to boot automatically.  The BOOT
environment variable needs to be set to a bootable
image.

After that i came in Switch: mode. Not in Switch> or Switch# or whatsoever. 

I gave an ? to see the commands and i saw a list with about 10? commands. 

I also saw a Reset command and i tought this was a command to reset the switch to factory defaults. I gave the command and confirmed. After that i was'nt able to connect to the switch by console cable? I just can't reach my switch on IP nor Serial. 

I have tried to Push the mode button and power off and power on the switch and holding the mode button for about 10 seconds but I still can't reach it..

Please help.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I want to make a test network

I want to make a test network where I want to accomplish vMotion.

I first want to configure the switch so that i can reach the IBM storage by IP.

STOP right there.  You want to attach IBM storage to a 3750?   In paper and in theory, it will work (a 3750, after all, is a switch).  

Technically, you won't last long. All Catalyst switch are not designed to work in a Data Center or attached to a DC appliance (like a server).  Catalyst switches, like your 3750, have low memory buffer.  These buffers can get filled up by the continuous data flow to/from servers. 

The Cisco Nexus product line is designed specifically for DC switching and will be able to handle the data flow from DC appliances.  

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Loading "flash:c3750

Loading "flash:c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar"...flash:c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar: no such file or directory

This error message means that you are forcing the switch to read a TAR file.  Cisco switches don't understand TAR files.  Cisco appliances read BIN file.   SO you'll need to erase this file (Command:  delete flash:c3750-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar).  

Next, go here.

Yeh i just want to reach the

Yeh i just want to reach the IBM storage by IP so i can manage it, right?

I also have 2 SAN switches witch connect the IBM storage with FC. The SAN switches are connected redudant to the HBA's on the servers.

Please review attachment so you have an idea.

Black = UTP

Orange = FC

Red dotted = UTP(Management)

Im curious for your opinion. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content