Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E-48PD-F series support EIGRP?

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Do the 3750E series support EIGRP and OSPF? Specifically the 3750E-48PD-F

E series switch. I don't see anything related to standard or enhanced image for the e-series, like their is for the normal 3750 options.

thanks in adavance,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bill.efthimiou
Level 1
Level 1

The standard and enhanced image are no longer. The Catalyst 3750E and 3560E run a universal image, which requires an activation license for different features sets. I point you to the following link to read all the detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/note/swactivn.html

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

The purchasing information should be provided by your Cisco reseller.

They should be able to send you the license key once you buy the IOS upgrade.

From the link mentioned above, look in table 1. Tell the Cisco reseller which image you want from the list. Based on your requirements, it seems you will need Advanced IP Services.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bill.efthimiou
Level 1
Level 1

The standard and enhanced image are no longer. The Catalyst 3750E and 3560E run a universal image, which requires an activation license for different features sets. I point you to the following link to read all the detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/note/swactivn.html

I hope this helps.

I read the link. It doesn't specify how to actually "purchase" the features sets. By that I mean it specifies the activation license/process, but how do we order the correct feature set? I assume if you order a 3750 they will charge more for AIS than standard base IP services. How can we "order" correct feature set at time we order the physical switch?

thanks for your help

The purchasing information should be provided by your Cisco reseller.

They should be able to send you the license key once you buy the IOS upgrade.

From the link mentioned above, look in table 1. Tell the Cisco reseller which image you want from the list. Based on your requirements, it seems you will need Advanced IP Services.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: