Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E - ILET Message 'ILET-1-AUTEHENTICATION_FAIL'

johnson-richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a ws-c3750e-48td-s which came with the IP BASE image (12.2-53).  I want to evaluate IP Services so I installed the UNIVERSAL image of the same version and started to get the ILET message that says my switch may be running copied or unlicenced software:

%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco....

When I checked the switch said that it didn't have a valid license file, so I contacted TAC and they sent me a file which I uploaded to the switch.  The licence for IP BASE is now permenant but I still get the message.

Have asked the TAC guy, but he is off-shift at the moment.

Has anyone else seen these messages, I did Google it and there seems to be a few out there for sale with this problem.  The switch came from distribution but I really want to get to the bottom of it if I can.

If anyone can shed some light on this as the message is generated every 5 minutes.

thanks

Richard

1 Reply 1

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

I think there is additional cost from IPBASE to IPSERVICES feature set. The universal image has all feature set, you need to have the license to active the feature.

HTH,

Lei Tian

Each time you rate a CSC  discussion we'll donate $1 to the American Red Cross Haiti fund up to  a   maximum donation of $10,000 USD.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card