Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G and LWAPP WLC

IT Services
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i have a strange one here.

We currently have a switch stack with two 3750G-24PS switches. The past two times our 1252 AP's in local mode lost communication to the controller (scheduled reboot and Network loss), this one particular stack cause series layer 2 and\or ARP issues. We have 5 AP's connected to this switch stack and they wont join the controller and throws all of our remaining /24 DHCP scope with BAD ADDRESS (which essentially means duplicate IP detected). I attempt to run some commands on the switch stack and it hangs up. A soft reload hangs up and never reloads. Power cycling the Stack will cause the second switch to not join until another power cycle. The stacking cables are tight and appear to be working just fine. This is the only switch stack (we have other 3750G-24PS stacks) with this behavior.

I don't know if the switch has this issue until the loss of communication to the controller for the APs.

Does this seem like a physical hardware issue, spanning-tree, or etherchannel issue?

I dont have smartnet on these switches either          

2 Replies 2

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Can you post the config on the problem switch?

Thanks

devils_advocate wrote:

Can you post the config on the problem switch?

Thanks

I think I am going to hold off on this. It seems that the second switch in the stack is the culprit. We are removing that switch tomorrow night and then going to try to replicate the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card