cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G monitoring & Stats

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 3750G switches that are interconnected via the 32-Gbps interstack cable. I have done nthing special in regards to the configuration of the two switches that I would not do for a single standalone switch.

My questions are in regards to the stats that SNMP monitoring pulls. When I look at the switch stats am I seeing stats from a single switch or both combiled? For example the CPU Utilization is at 5% but Memory Utilization is at 80%. Also is there a way I can pull stats regarding the utilization on the stackwise cable? I would think server to server communication would cross the stackwise cable and the 27-Gbps backplane but it does not seem to to monitorable as sat one of the gig interfaces are. I am using Solarwinds ORION as a monitoring platform.

I am just trying to understand waht I am seeing before I worry about false positives and the like.

Brent

7 Replies 7

Both switches are running ...

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image

------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------

1 28 WS-C3750G-24TS 12.2(25)SEB4 C3750-IPBASE-M

* 2 28 WS-C3750G-24TS 12.2(25)SEB4 C3750-IPBASE-M

I will check out the link .. thanks ...

good question... we are using Solar Winds Orion to do the same on stacked 3750's and the question of how CPU, Stackwise utilization, etc is represented never occured to me. I assumed one logical entity but if 2 ports on one stack member are doing all the talking then obviously only one of the CPU's in the stack of CPU's is busy. I guess it reports an average of all...

Also, try rediscovering device using solarwinds. The stack-ring should come up as enabled interface. I have used solarwinds (10.0) and was able to monitor the stack.

Does this show up as the Null interface? Unless there is something missing, I see my port channel, my regular interfaces and the null interface. Does it list something different under Solarwinds (10.0)?

Depending on the cabling, should show up as StackPort1 & StackPort2.

How do you have it cabled? top Port 1 to 2 , and bottom 2 to 1 ?

We did not think it mattered when the went in since there are only the two so it is Stack1 to stack 1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card