cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G stack port problem

LEACHMIKE
Level 1
Level 1

Just received 4 3750G, connected the stack cables to the stacking ports, boot up and the POST shows that no cables are connected. Is there a configuration step that I missed?

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It could be anything up-to-this-point but this article should guide you in the right direction.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swstack.htm

During the POST sequence , I see a message that no cables are in the stack ports. I have 4 switches all cabled together and all 4 get the same errors. Is it possible that all 4, which were manufactured on the same day have defective stack ports, or that all cabeling is also bad.

I had assumed plug and play for this

How are cables hooked up ? Should be port 1 to port 2 all the way down the stack and port 1 on bottom should go to port 2 on the top switch . Also make sure you power up one at a time with the chosen stackmaster first .

That is exactly the way it is cabled, and I power up one at a time, yet the ports show as empty

LEACHMIKE
Level 1
Level 1

The stack ports were defective. New switches will be delivered. Thanks for the replies

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card