Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750g with faulty console port.

I have a Cisco 3750g which has a faulty console port.

My model is the ws-3750g-24t-s, it has 24 gigabit ethernet ports, two stack ports and the serial console. It has no additional ports (so no usb) and no removable flash.

I cannot get any output at all from the serial console, nothing is printed during boot, not even the garbage produced by an incorrect baudrate. I suspect this is a hardware problem, which I cannot fix.

Besides the console, the rest of the switch works correctly, and I have been using it as a slave in a stack configuration without problems.

I now need it to operate on its own, without being attached to a stack master. The question is.. how do I do this?

- Somehow, I need to configure one of the ethernet ports to bring up an ip address and open an ssh server, so I can configure the swich.

- Is there a default ip configuration I can use to connect to an unconfigured switch without using the serial console?
- Maybe I can set it as a stack member to access the flash from the master, and copy a configuration into it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content