cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750g with faulty console port.

fiberparty34
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3750g which has a faulty console port.

My model is the ws-3750g-24t-s, it has 24 gigabit ethernet ports, two stack ports and the serial console. It has no additional ports (so no usb) and no removable flash.

I cannot get any output at all from the serial console, nothing is printed during boot, not even the garbage produced by an incorrect baudrate. I suspect this is a hardware problem, which I cannot fix.

Besides the console, the rest of the switch works correctly, and I have been using it as a slave in a stack configuration without problems.

I now need it to operate on its own, without being attached to a stack master. The question is.. how do I do this?

- Somehow, I need to configure one of the ethernet ports to bring up an ip address and open an ssh server, so I can configure the swich.

- Is there a default ip configuration I can use to connect to an unconfigured switch without using the serial console?
- Maybe I can set it as a stack member to access the flash from the master, and copy a configuration into it?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: