cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750V2 with QOS

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to enable auto-qos on a 3750V2 stack of 3 switches and it doesn't appear to run correctly. They are all IP base running 15.0.2 code.

If I run       auto qos voip cisco-phone on the range of interfaces it installs the correct commands on the interfaces but it does not produce the mls commands that I normally see on my other switches.  Enabling mls qos before or after the above command does not make a difference. If I delete all the commands, reboot and start over I get the same results. I can copy the commands from another switch but it bothers me that it does not appear to run correctly on this stack. I do not get any errors when I type the commands and they take a while to run as if they are working properly....but no mls commands show up except for one which is     mls qos map policed-dscp 0 10 18 24 46 to 8.

What am I doing wrong or forgetting?

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The AutoQoS command that "don't show" with your 15 IOS might be because they are already the defaults.  I haven't used 15 IOS on 3750, nor do I use AutoQoS, so I don't know this is the case, but I do know AutoQos and QoS default do vary per IOS version.

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

I was using code ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE2 on 3750V2 POE ip base switches.  I upgraded two stacks to 150-2.SE5 to test and I now seem to be getting the mls commands generated consistently - wiped and retired a half dozen times with no issues. I don't know what the issue is but it seems my SE2 code is flawed..the SE5 is giving me the commands I  thought I should see. This bothers me since I upgraded about 50 stacks to the SE2 code and never saw this issue until I started configuring new V2 stacks to add. Stacks are X/E and some standalone V2 stacks - haven't added a new X stack to see if I have the same issues. I guess time will tell and at least I have a workaround..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: