Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750X Stack-Power Questions

Hey,

I have 2 questions regarding Stack-Power that I cannot find the answers too.

1. Does it matter in which direction the Stack-Power cable is connected? If there is a document on this I'd like to read it.

I have only 2 switches and 3 power supplies, the green end of the two cables is currently connected from the switch with 2 PSUs (the master switch in the stack) to the switch with 1 PSU. Regardless of which 2 power supplies I remove the stack remains running.

2. More of an annoyance than anything but my Power Stack is named 'Powerstack-2', while Powerstack-1 doesn't exist. Is there a way of renaming this?

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

1. Does it matter in which

1. Does it matter in which direction the Stack-Power cable is connected? If there is a document on this I'd like to read it.

You have two switches:  A & B.  

So you connect A to port 1 and to B using port 2.  

From B, you connect port 1 and connect to A using port 1.  

Each switch has 2 different

Each switch has 2 different labels for the stack power ports on the back, 'S-PWR 1 XPS' and 'S-PWR 2'. Are you saying the cable should be as:

(Green end) Switch 1 'S-PWR 1 XPS' to (Yellow end) Switch 2 'S-PWR 2'

(Green end) Switch 2 'S-PWR 1 XPS' to (Yellow end) Switch 1 'S-PWR 2'

Surely this must be documented somewhere? I connected mine differently to this and everything seems to be working fine...

Views
Helpful
Replies