Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X stackpower

jgutierrez123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am confused as to connecting 3 3750X switches for stackpower. I have seen 3 different ways of connecting the stackpower cables and am confused as to which way I should connect them. any and all help is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Connect them like this:

SW1 to SW2

SW2 to SW3

SW3 to SW1

Nghia Nguyen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi jgutierrez123,

I hope the attached picture will help you to clear up your confusion.

David

Thank you for the responses, but are both recommendations for redundant ring? If not, what are the pro/cons of both (if any)?

Hi jgutierrez123,

Please ignore the picture of two switches (A and B) from my previous attached picture. Your case is in the picture below it with three switches (A, B, and C). In the documentation, Cisco said that if you connect your three switches as shown in the picture, you will get the full bandwidth and redundancy. If you only use two cables (one between SW-A and SW-B and one between SW-B and SW-C) then you only get half bandwidth and no redundancy.

Please read more about the recommendation from Cisco website from the page below. Pay attention only on figures 2.4 to 2.7.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/installation/guide/3750x_3560x_HIG/HIGINSTL.html#wp1151483

Regards,

Davi

bdudas
Level 1
Level 1

On SW1 connect the yellow end of your power stack cable to the s-power 2 port and  connect the green end of the cable to the s-power 1 port on SW2. Do the same with your second cable between SW2 and SW3. With your third cable connect the green side to s-power 1 port on SW1 and the yellow end to s-power 2 port on SW3. Hope this helps

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card