Views
Helpful
Replies

3750x

Lee Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have 2 3750x stacked together. when monitoring them I can see Memory address pool 1 and memory address pool 2. Pool2 is being maxed out, is there a way I can move or share some the memory from pool 1 to pool 2.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, you can not share or add  resources between the switches.  They are 2 different units.  You need to look at the second unit and figure out what is causing the memory to max out.  Because of a bug in the IOS, the second unit maybe encountering memory leak.  To start, you may have to look in to changing the IOS.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, you can not share or add  resources between the switches.  They are 2 different units.  You need to look at the second unit and figure out what is causing the memory to max out.  Because of a bug in the IOS, the second unit maybe encountering memory leak.  To start, you may have to look in to changing the IOS.

HTH

Hi Reza

Thats what I figured.

Thanks for confirming

Hi  again,

I have removed one switch from the stack and I can see 2 memory pools in one switch. Am I able to share this memory between the pools?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

When you stack 3750s, they behave as one logical device, so I suppose it's possible, if you can "see" memory on the different stack members, that the stack master might be using more of its memory than other stack members do.  Unlikely, due to stack ring limitations, memory can be "shared" between stack members.

If the memory you're "seeing" is on just one stack member, it would be up to the IOS how it manages memory.  Usually not much you can do to directly change memory allocations.  Indirectly, there might be an impact by configuration options.  For example, how large you allocate the internal syslog buffer.

Unless you're seeing some performance issue, I wouldn't be overly concerned by memory statistics (this assuming Cisco chose how they manage the device's memory with care).

Hi and thanks,

I can see on one switch Memory Pool 1 and Memory pool 2. The switch is not in the stack at the moment, but one memory pool is being maxed out. the other is hardly touched.

Any idea if this can be changed?

Thanks Rgds

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card