Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3850 - Password Cisco Added to VTY Line

We have a stack of 2 WS-C3850-48T running NX-OS 03.02.01.SE. The running configuration or the switch is backed up nightly by cattools. On the 2/01/14 cattools indicated that the running-config has changed and under vty line 0 4 the command "Password cisco" appeared. On the backup of the 3/01/14 this line of config was then shown as removed. A show run on the switch indicates the last config change was on the 11/12/13 by me so nobody has logged into the switch and changed anything.

Running config on the 02/01/13:

line vty 0 4

exec-timeout 180 0

password cisco

authorization commands 15 vty

authorization exec vty

transport input ssh

line vty 5 15

transport input ssh

Running config on the 03/01/13:

line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 180 0
authorization commands 15 vty
authorization exec vty
transport input ssh
line vty 5 15
transport input ssh

I checked the bug toolkit and couldn't find anything. Does anybody have any ideas why this may have happened?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

3850 - Password Cisco Added to VTY Line

Hello,

I have worked on a great number of 3850 cases since its release and I have yet to see this issue, very interesting. I would however STRONGLY recommend you upgrade your 3850 to that latest release of 3.3.1.  Your current version (3.2.1) is quite buggy and we have made a significant amount of changes and fixes in the latest releases.

Upgrade on 3850

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-36615

HTH

Luke

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content