Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4006 Default Gateway Problem.

Have a quick question. I've been trying to assign a default route the Lan side to my Pix and having some trouble. I'm first trying to assign an IP address to a vlan and I have looked alot but haven't found the correct command I'm looking for. I have found how to assign an IP address to the SL0 interface but not how to assing an IP address to a VLAN. I then want to point my default route out to the pix with an "IP Route" command that will point all outbound internet traffic out this Vlan which consists of one port. Thanks for the help, I'm not so strong on CatOS.

5 REPLIES

Re: 4006 Default Gateway Problem.

Cat6500> (enable) set interface sc0 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

Cat6500> (enable) set ip route 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.2

or

Cat6500> (enable) set ip route default 10.0.0.2

Do you have a RSM to do L3 routing?

Hi,

So basicaly I found the command for setting the SLI interface on this 4006 but was trying to assing a IP address specifically to a VLAN. Is this possible? I have a L3 processor on the card. Would it be better to trunk Vlans? I'm trying to go between the 4006 and the pix(515) firewall. Let me knwo if you can think of a better way to do this. Thanks.

Purple

"set int sc0 , use this to manage the switch. For default gateway , set ip route default

, this the default gateway for the switch . The address is for manageing the switch only as this is a layer 2 only switch unless you have a separate route card , you can't do any routing without this ...

Yeah, basically this does have a L3 card and I want vlan 351 to have and ip address of

10.1.48.4 /29. I need a ip address b/c I'm connecting this to the firewall. Would a better solution be to simply trunk the vlan between the 4006 and Pix515? I've read in the pix book how to do it but was hoping to use a l3 address on the switch instead. Thanks.

Purple

If it is like other layer 3 cards you go into the layer 3 card and define "interface vlan 351 and put the address and mask under the SVI and do a no shut , then on the catos layer 2 side just put the connecting port you want use into that vlan and you have a routed connection , I haven't specifically dealt with a 4006 other than at layer 2 end but usually they all work in the same manner .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content