Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4500-x or nexus 3064-32T for core?

Hello Everyone,

i am in the process of building our network in our new location , we have 3 floors with around 200 users in each floor, our current topology is as follows:

10 cisco sg-300 as access switches  with 1 X 2960XR as a distribution in each floor

each 2960XR will be connected through 2 X 10Gbe fiber uplinks to the core switch thats a total of 5 fiber 10 Gbe uplinks. 

in our server room we have 3 dell R720 servers , 1 EMC storage unit, the servers and the storage will be connected through 2 X 10Gbe copper connections for a total of 10G copper conenctions.

we are in a choice between the 4500-X and nexus 3064-32T as a core switch , if you can recommend which one to use as we will mix 1G/10G fiber/copper connections , no vlan routing to be done on the core switch. i have read a pretty good reviews on the 4500-x but i am not sure about the 3064.

would you recommend any other options to this design.

thanks in advance 

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

What switch have you decided

What switch have you decided on?

Sorry for the delay , i have

Sorry for the delay , i have bought the 3064-32T , it seemed more cost effective as the transceivers are so expensive and it has more ports too.

I am trying to make the same

I am trying to make the same decision. Ar you happy going with the Nexus?

Views
Helpful
Replies