Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4506 Cross Blade Etherchannel

Hello All,

I have a question with regards to setting up a cross blade etherchannel on a 4506. I have done this previously with different cards, just wanted to get some feedback on the below.

I have 2 x 4506 switches with a single sup IV in each, these chassis also have 1 x WS-X4424-GB-RJ45 and 1 x WS-X4506-GB-T.

I was hoping on setting up a 4 Gbps Etherchannel between the two units by using two ports from either blade, and thus increasing the resiliency (This maybe either 1000-Base T or MM fibre on theWS-X4506-GB-T.)

I am fairly sure this is possible but know there are some considerations to be made on ensuring the two blades have the same "characteristics", I am not so sure where matching characteristics can be found within cisco.com

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: 4506 Cross Blade Etherchannel

Hi Nathan,

You can do "show interface x/y capabilities" on the port that you will be going to use and it will tell about its feature capabilities.You can then run the same command on the other side and check if the capabilities matching.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_25a/cmdref/show1.htm#wp2052389

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31a/config/channel.htm

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi, thanks for the response.

Unfortunatly I do not have the equipment at the moment and wanted to check 100% before teh purchase

Thanks

Just had confirmation from the Cisco BU that this is supported. (for anyone who reads this and cares: )

Views
Helpful
Replies