cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 enviroment temp

network_team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi have a loan 4506 and its in a small cabinet acting as a access switch. the temp of the unit is from 40 - 43 i feel in the summer this could rise a lot higher. I know the recommend temp of threshold is 75 degrees but has anyone had any experence if their switches go about and around 60 degress

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

40-43C is normal. this equal to 104-110F. you will get alarm starting at 75C=167F. i personally wouldn't want my switch to get this hot. i look for 55C=131F.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

the operating temperature is between 32-104F (0-40C). you will get alarms based on these thresholds. remember these are measured in Celsius. 60 degree celsius is pretty hot! I would not let my switch run this hot for any extensive period.

sw1#sh environment temperature

Chassis Temperature = 42 degrees Celsius

Chassis Over Temperature Threshold = 75 degrees Celsius

Chassis Critical Temperature Threshold = 95 degrees Celsius

So my switch runs between 40 - 43 degrees do you think this is ok. at what stage should i be concerned

40-43C is normal. this equal to 104-110F. you will get alarm starting at 75C=167F. i personally wouldn't want my switch to get this hot. i look for 55C=131F.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: