cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 Link Issues

cayoung1981
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 4506 switches from my core. Two at one location, two at another. They are uplinked to each other via single-mode fiber. I can't think of the model of gbic's we are using. Anyway, each switch has redundant connections to the other core. So location A switch one connects to location B switches 1 and 2, so on and so forth.  Link 2 went down on location 2 switch 2. I checked the fiber and it was good, I replaced the gbic, but the link would not come up. I took a known good pair from the other switch and tried it, and the link came up. I put it back how it was and had someone come and check all my fiber connections from switch to switch. Now the supervisor blade has no link lights on for my two uplinks, but I know the switch is up, I just can't get any lights to come on. So in checking I took the know good pair I had used before and tried it again on the problem switch. This time it did not come, however, when I put the good pair back where it goes I could not get a link light on that switch. I had the fiber checked to make sure I didnt cause a break when moving it. The fiber turned out to be good.

I telnet to the switch and I see no errors at all. Any ideas for me to try?

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reseat the line card.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card