Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 reboots

ogor
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have 6 4506 on my network and have 3 SUPV-10Ge that have rebooted on different chassis ???

my IOS version is 12.2(25)EWA5.

I have noticed one thing is that my CPU History is very high, please have a look on it.

Thakns in advance for your help

Olivier

8 Replies 8

ogor
Level 1
Level 1

please find the show proc cpu history attached

Could you also attach the show proc mem command output. I could pin point the problem with that output.

Cheers

Hoogen

also do post the show proc cpu command output.

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

See if you can tell what the switch is busy with by typing in show process. I recently had a 4503 at 99%. Show process indicated it was busy with IGMP. The only problem was that I should not have seen IGMP traffic. I sniffed the LAN for IGMP and found that a bug in the 1310 bridge IOS was causing the problem.

By the way, there is an IOS bug that can crash your 4500 when you type show cdp nei det. Show cdp nei is OK, but the detail crashes them sometimes. I have not seen it fixed in an IOS release for the 4500 yet.

robert-meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Funny, we had the same thing happen with two 4506 with SupIV's. It appear that there is a problem with 12.2(25)EWAxx.

In my case it was 12.2(25)EWA7 - which has been pulled and replaced with 12.2(25)EWA8. It's been a week and so far so good. But that MAY not be enough time as our reboots were occuring between 5 and 9 days.

Hi Robert,

The replacement for 12.2(25)EWA7 was given to be EWA8 not because the switch reboots or high CPU utilization. This was actually a result of bug causing arp issues.

If you are still expierencing high cpu do post your show proc cpu output. There are several other problems which may not have been rectified by upgrading.

Cheers

Hoogen

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Olivier,

Check and make you are not being affected by this field notice:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_field_notice09186a0080715457.shtml

Hope this helps. Please give this post a rating if it does ;)

-Brad

Hummm, I think you right

I will check with my customer

thanks a lot.

Olivier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: