cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 SUP 6

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

Well are new 4506 with a sup 6 arrived this week. I was trying to configure PBR on it and it kept rejecting the command. This is a replacement switch. The other 4506 has a sup 4. I started looking on cisco's site and "PBR is not supported on Supervisor Engine 6-E." Why in the world would this more advanced sup module not support PBR?

5 Replies 5

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why PBR is not supported with the Sup 6? It says on the website "future" in terms of them supporting it. For a much more robust sup card, you'd think it would have all of the features.

Many new features were added to run in Hardware on the Sup6-E that weren't available before in previous Supervisors.

I believe PBR was an oversight and as the website implies, the support for PBR is planned for the future.

Stay tuned.

__

Edison.

Thanks for the reply. That is a pretty big oversight in my opinion. We have a 4507R running sup 2+ and they even are PBR capable. I don't get why Cisco wouldn't have this feature.

Does the Netflow support on Sup6-E in the future,too?I can't understand why the SupV-10G is build-in but the Sup6-E not.The Sup6-E is more newer than SupV-10G ~ Why?

I think it came from the get it out the door policy , those are pretty big omissions. Another reason you have to closely look at the features before you buy. I know you would expect that something from a previous version would be included.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card