Views
Helpful
Replies

4506E with WS-X45-SUP7L-E does not see SD card or Cisco USB Drive

fshaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've have a case where the Sup card does not see the USB or the SD card.  I have a pair of switches exactly the same running the same code.  When I try on the other switch it works fine for both.

Image: cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.bin

show file systems does not show either one plugged in.  Any idea what could be causing this?

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you plug either the SD card of the USB thumb drive (not a portable USB HDD, I hope), do you see any messages on the logs?

I haven't played with the USB or the SD card slot but I do recall seeing the presentation to them and was told that they are operational once the correct IOS is loaded.

Sorry for the late reply.

The issue was corrected by rebooting the card which was likely the symptom of the FFM process behaving poorly.  The reason the FFM process was behaving poorly was due to a misconfiguration issue relating to WCCP where the remote client was pointing to a VIP address instead of the actual interface address as well as the change in the mask to 0x1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card