Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4507 Sup V - Status LED orange?

Hello all,

I have a 4507 with a single WS-X4516 Supervisor V engine. My status LED is a constant orange. According to the documentation, an orange LED means "System boot or diagnostic test is in progress."

The switch appears to be functioning properly, and a show module 1 reports no errors. Surely this thing isn't running a diagnostic test 24 hours a day? The light never turns green. It just bugs me. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bjw Silver
Silver

Re: 4507 Sup V - Status LED orange?

Try a "show module" command and see if there is another module with an issue. Also a show environ power.

I used to see this on 4006 Sup II when you had a PoE chassis and the offboard PoE unit was not plugged into the 4K chassis

3 REPLIES
bjw Silver
Silver

Try a "show module" command and see if there is another module with an issue. Also a show environ power.

I used to see this on 4006 Sup II when you had a PoE chassis and the offboard PoE unit was not plugged into the 4K chassis

Ah, thanks! Yes, I have dual power supplies, and I had one turned off for some testing I did a few days ago.

bjw Silver
Silver

I'm happy it's solved

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content