Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4507R Classic Chassis with Sup 6L-E

Has anyone configured a 4507R classic chassis with redundant Sup 6L-E?  TAC told me the Supervisor 6LE was only supported on the 4507R+E or 4507R-E chassis but I have found in Cisco documentation several places that indicate that the Sup 6LE is supported in the classic chassis.

If no one has the answer I will probably answer it myself as soon as I can take a 4507 classic off the production network and test it in my lab.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

4507R Classic Chassis with Sup 6L-E

Hi Susan,

This will work in the classic chassis however you will only get the 6Gbps througput per slot. Cat4500 is a centralized architecture and most of the intelligence reside on the Sup engine so as far as you have the required IOS on the SUP6L-E, it should work within the chassis but with 6Gbps backplane restriction as per the old chassis limitation.

Please see the 4500 hardware installation guide :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/hardware/installation/guide/78-14409-08/01intro.html#wp1028573

You need a specific slot cover for the appropriate airflow within teh chassis.

Cheers,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies