Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4507R IOS question

Hi,

We currently have 2 4507R's both with WS-X4515 Sup's, 1 in production running cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA4 
and the other for testing and is running cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA11.

Now interestingly after checking the Cisco Feature Navigator is clearly states that these images support only EIGRP Stub functionality.
However the live kit is not a EIGRP Stub router and I am trying to understand why this is so.
This kit was deployed before I got involved in networking at my employer and I've not had much luck internally with my questions.

I've also been able to recreate this on the EWA11 test switch and indeed to make it a stub router I have to
enter "eigrp stub" in the config. I'm struggling to understand how I can do this on what's supposed to be
a Basic L3 image.

Is it simply that this functionality is available in these images but should not be used?

Many thanks
Liam

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

4507R IOS question

Hi

should not be used?>
The functionality of full EIGRP is not supposed to be available in IP Base image.
Once you purchase the IP Services license and installed it the functionality
supposed to be enabled. If you can do full EIGRP with your IP Base image, check
"sh license"  you may have a temperary IP services license

HTH

4507R IOS question

Sorry but sh license command does not work, but was worth a try.

Purple

4507R IOS question

Cisco had a habit of leaving functions on  in earlier releases on even though they were not supported for a given feature set  .  I had a supII plus card which is supposed to be static routing only   but  BGP would run fine in the lab .  Yours looks to be an early  version, bet if you upgrade to a newer version that functionality would dissappear.

4507R IOS question

This seem more plausible and what I was concerned about. As the images currently running are non k9 I can't enable SSH access and was hoping to upgrade but was/am concerned with what you say. Looks like I'll need to progress this through offical channels. Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies