cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R Marking

b.devillier
Level 1
Level 1

Avaya IP Telephony implementation, I am using ACLs to mark traffic on access interfaces in the network (all 4507s). ACL grabs all signaling and bearer traffic, marks signaling to CS3, Bearer to EF. Service-policy input is defined on ingress interface, policy-map sets Bearer to DSCP 46, and Signaling to CS3. 4507 has an uplink to a WAN router (2821), where LLQ is configured to match CS3 and EF, and prioritize accordingly. Two problems. Problem 1, while I see incrementing packet counts on the 4510 ACL for signaling, the 2821 LLQ policy does not show matches for signaling (I verified routing is correct). Problem 2, unless I apply service-policy input Avaya (my marking Policy Map), and MLS QOS Trust DSCP on the port together, EF traffic is not marked, the port acts untrusted. These appear to be separate issues, can anyone explain either one?

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Use a sniffer capture on egress interface to verify. This counter cannot be displayed in CAT4500 series switches and hence starting 12.2(25)EW and later, the Packets Marked field has been removed from the output of show policy-map command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: