cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4510 loop rebooting need help!

frabernier
Level 1
Level 1

We've got 2 catalyst 4510, during the week end one of those crashed badly, it keeps rebooting in loop. I've tried the solutions on the cisco's web site but still can't solve my problem. I tried in rommon mode (wich is the only thing I am able to use) with different ios versions : The one on the bootflash, then I copied the one running on the second switch onto a compactflash card and tried to boot on it without results, then I tried with a more recent IOS .bin still on a CF again nothing. It boots through the diagnostics then it says: Exiting to ios then there's the legal stuff displayed and then it reboots just like if I had switched on/off... I am attaching a copy of the boot output... please help me I've tried everything I could think of.

BTW don't ask me to type commands like show running since I can't get through the boot process.

My guess is that MAYBE the running config file is corrupted and it reboots the device... but it is only a guess.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This happened to us multiple times before and it was a hardware failure. I don't know if it's the same case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

frabernier
Level 1
Level 1

sorry, here's the output

This happened to us multiple times before and it was a hardware failure. I don't know if it's the same case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card