Views
Helpful
Replies

4510R+GBIC blades

Kiley Arena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I wanted confirmation that the 4510R+E does not have the equivilant of a WS-X6416-GBIC. I see the 4510R+E has 10gig GBIC blades, but I have an old 6509 Cat OS (v 8.2.x) with the above blade in it and I don't see that type of blade available for a 4510. If not, I have a whole bunch of GBIC fiber cables to re run (unless I can get my OSP guys to make new ends!). Does anyone have suggestions on how to mitigate this impact on my users?

Thanks!

Kiley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

There are different 10Gig media type modules. If your module is like figure -3 then you can't use your existing optics.  if your module is like figure-4, then you can use existing 10gig X2 (SC).

You really need to know the part number of the module to be sure.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

WS-X6416-GBIC uses SC type X2 Gibic.  If your 4500 blades you are using can take the same type of optics, you can use them the once from the 6500.  What type of 10Gig blade the 4500 has? what is the part number?

HTH

Reza,

Thanks for the info.  I don't know what the part number is for the 10GIG fiber blades but I'll paste the link from Cisco that I got the info from:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/catalyst-4500-series-line-cards/product_data_sheet0900aecd802109ea.html

Kiley

Hi

There are different 10Gig media type modules. If your module is like figure -3 then you can't use your existing optics.  if your module is like figure-4, then you can use existing 10gig X2 (SC).

You really need to know the part number of the module to be sure.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card