cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

48 Port Switch DHCP-Server

hanz_brech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi im looking for all (48Port+4SFP(+)) Switches Layer 2/3 or 3 that are able to be a DHCP-Server for diffrent VLANS, because Cisco Datasheets are really **bleep** and i cant see if there are able to host themself a DHCP Server.

For example the: WS-C3750X-48PF-E

Like i need a Switch
VLAN1: 192.168.178.2 255.255.255.0 DHCP server
VLAN2: 1.1.2.3 asdasda DHCP Server
etc.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

all L3 IOS switches can be configured as DHCP server. 2960X, 3560X, 3650, , 3750X, 3850 - all of those can be configured to function as DHCP server for multiple subnets.

View solution in original post

Hello,

LAN Base is usually sufficient, but you need to check your model to be sure.

The SGE2010 supports only DHCP Relay and DHCP snooping, you cannot configure it as a DHCP server...

Hello,

if you cannot find a specific feature in the respective datasheet, you can use the Feature Navigator (link attached).

Which IOS version are you running on your 3750X ? I can run a sample query and send you the results...

http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/by-feature-technology.jsp

9 Replies 9

Hello,

all L3 IOS switches can be configured as DHCP server. 2960X, 3560X, 3650, , 3750X, 3850 - all of those can be configured to function as DHCP server for multiple subnets.

does it metter if it is:
Lan Lite
Lan Base
IP Base
IP Service?

or is there a way to configure a dhcp server on sge2010?

Hello,

LAN Base is usually sufficient, but you need to check your model to be sure.

The SGE2010 supports only DHCP Relay and DHCP snooping, you cannot configure it as a DHCP server...

and what u mean with checking my model for what do i need to look out, because like i said i dont find any hint in the datasheets for this feature also on the 3750x not.

ye i have 2 of thoes i figured that out myself but i thought maybe there is a workarround.

Hello,

if you cannot find a specific feature in the respective datasheet, you can use the Feature Navigator (link attached).

Which IOS version are you running on your 3750X ? I can run a sample query and send you the results...

http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/by-feature-technology.jsp

I dont have any switch with this features yet, im looking forward to buy one thats why im searching for it.

Hello,

when you open the link to the Feature Navigator, in the 'Search for' field type 'DHCP Server' (as in the attached screenshot). Click 'Add' and 'Contnue', then select an IOS version.

I have attached the output for 15.2, you can see the compatible platforms and required minimum IOS version.

Ok great so all of the switches in there have the feature, right?
EoL NO in red does not metter?
U where a great help, thanks alot i wrote like 3h yesterday to a support of cisco and she always took me to the dhcp security features she didnt understand im looking for a dhcp server man that was annyoing. Really a huge Thank You on you my friend!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card