cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4900M Switch details required

Hi,

I am having  1 no 4900M series switch.

Pls find the Te card inventory details from the switch

NAME: "Linecard(slot 3)", DESCR: "10GE (X2), 1000BaseX (SFP) with 8 10GE X2 ports"
PID: WS-X4908-10GE     , VID: V02  , SN: JAE14090NAY

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/1", DESCR: "10Gbase-LR"
PID: X2-10GB-LR        , VID: V04  , SN: AGA1347X4SS

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/2", DESCR: "10Gbase-LR"
PID: X2-10GB-LR        , VID: V04  , SN: AGA1333X3G4

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/3", DESCR: "10Gbase-LX4"
PID: X2-10GB-LX4       , VID: V04  , SN: HCT14060234

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/4", DESCR: "10Gbase-LX4"
PID: X2-10GB-LX4       , VID: V04  , SN: HCT14060235

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/5", DESCR: "10Gbase-LX4"
PID: X2-10GB-LX4       , VID: V04  , SN: HCT14060493

NAME: "TenGigabitEthernet3/6", DESCR: "10Gbase-LX4"
PID: X2-10GB-LX4       , VID: V04  , SN: HCT14060093

For some of the port I am getting "10Gbase-LR" & for some I am getting "10Gbase-LX4"

Pls share the reason

Br/Subhojit

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For some of the port I am getting "10Gbase-LR" & for some I am getting "10Gbase-LX4"

I don't get your question. 

Please elaborate further.

HI,

For some port description, I am getting 10Gbase-LR, but for some port i am getting 10Gbase-LX4 as description

Whether the ports are different in functionality

Br/Subhojit

For some port description, I am getting 10Gbase-LR, but for some port i am getting 10Gbase-LX4 as description

Cisco X2-10GB-LR

The Cisco 10GBASE-LR Module supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).

Cisco X2-10GB-LX4

The Cisco 10GBASE-LX4 Module supports link lengths of 300m on standard FDDI grade MMF. To ensure that specifications are met, the transmitter output should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch cord.

Different X2 models for different applications (distance). 

Hi,

Also for some port it is showing following

Te3/8                        notconnect   1            full    10G No X2

'No X2' means no SFP present on the slot?

Sorry , as Site is remote, not possible to check physically

Br/Subhojit

'No X2' means no SFP present on the slot?

Means the X2 is not present, not inserted properly or faulty.

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

Pls confirm whether the SFP of 4900M(output above) is hot-swapable or I need to shut the switch to change the SFP(Faulty one)

Br/Subhojit

The X2 modules are hot swappable.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The show inventory command is providing you what optic module is connected to the port.  LR and LX4 are different optic modules.  (Also notice how the serial numbers of the LR modules start with "AGA" and those of the LX4 modules start with "HCT".)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card