Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4900M TCAMINTERRUPT and FLTCAMPARITYERROR

Hi,

I have this 4900M running version 12.2(54)SG1.  I the log I get this 3 lines:

May  8 08:32:15: %C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-4-TCAMINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 429 times)flCam0  aPErr interrupt. errAddr: 0xC48 dPErr: 1 mPErr: 0 valid: 1

May  8 08:32:24: %C4K_L3HWFORWARDING-4-FLTCAMPARITYERROR: (Suppressed 866 times)FL Tcam Perr with no FwdEntry Hw index: 3144 Hw entry:  Sw entry:

May  8 08:32:45: %C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-4-TCAMINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 432 times)flCam0  aPErr interrupt. errAddr: 0xC48 dPErr: 1 mPErr: 0 valid: 1

They seems to be coming on regular basis, repeating every minute.

I've tried googling and the most relevant info I can find is this http://tcam-interrupt.blogspot.com/2010/09/tcaminterrupt.html.

But it says "Upgrade software to IOS version 12.2(52)SG or later OR 12.2(50)SG4 or later. ".  I'm already running 12.2(54), so why does this 3 line repeatedly show up in the log every minute.

Br

Geir

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Geir,

the second message

May  8 08:32:24: %C4K_L3HWFORWARDING-4-FLTCAMPARITYERROR: (Suppressed 866 times)FL Tcam Perr with no FwdEntry Hw index: 3144 Hw entry:  Sw entry:

is not listed in the symptoms of the bug.referred in the blog.

Is the switch working correctly?

I would open a service request to have TAC feedback, It might be a reappearence of that bug or it may be sign of a faulty hardware.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply.

The switch seems to be working properly, I have not heard of any problems concerning servers/trunks connected to it.

It's only that these messages are logged quite often.

I cannot open a TAC case, have to do it through my vendor.  But I have already given them the information, and they are aware of the problem.  They said it might be a solution to upgrade to latest IOS version.  I can do that, but if it solves the problem...?

Br

Geir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card