cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

520G-24TC Native VLAN and Hyper-V

trevorseward
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Windows 8 workstation with two physical NICs, one NIC is for Hyper-V, the other for the workstation.  They're both plugged into an unmanaged Dell switch, which uplinks to a the 520G-24TC.  The workstation connectivy works fine, all ports on the 520G switch are set to VLAN 1, and the port the Dell switch is plugged into is set to a SmartPort type of Switch.

The Hyper-V VMs have no network access, unless I specify VLAN tagging of 1 within the VM settings.  This seems odd to me, but I also understand when VLAN tagging is disabled on a Hyper-V VM's NIC, it is essentially VLAN ID 0.  When setting the VM to VLAN ID 1, I can ping the router (a Cisco 1841) which is plugged into the 520G, but I can't ping the switch itself nor any other host connected to the switch (including the Windows workstation running the Hyper-V VMs which is plugged into the Dell switch).

Ideas on how to go about fixing this?

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4
Dear Trevor,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

It's been several days with no answer from our community members, therefore and since this is a Catalyst IOS based device, I suggest you to inquire about this on the LAN/Switching support community;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

Notice you can move over this post from the "Actions" panel on the upper right corner. Thank you for your time and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card