Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6500 and FWSM traffic inspection

Greeting Folks

I actually have a network architecture with 4 core switchs 6509 and FWSM in each one of them

Two 6509 are located in site A and the other 2 in site B and they are connected via a layer 3 connection

I have Vlan 100 for server in site A and Vlan 200 in site B , is it possible that the FWSM exclude traffic from inspection between vlan 100 and vlan 200 and inspect the rest of the traffic if so does anyone have a link for that

thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: 6500 and FWSM traffic inspection

Seifeddine-Tlili wrote:

Greeting Folks

I actually have a network architecture with 4 core switchs 6509 and FWSM in each one of them

Two 6509 are located in site A and the other 2 in site B and they are connected via a layer 3 connection

I have Vlan 100 for server in site A and Vlan 200 in site B , is it possible that the FWSM exclude traffic from inspection between vlan 100 and vlan 200 and inspect the rest of the traffic if so does anyone have a link for that

thanks

If you don't want the FWSM to inspect the traffic for vlan 100 and vlan 200 them simply don't allocate them to the firewall. Just have SVIs on the 6500s for those vlans.

Jon

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Seifeddine-Tlili wrote:

Greeting Folks

thanks

If you don't want the FWSM to inspect the traffic for vlan 100 and vlan 200 them simply don't allocate them to the firewall. Just have SVIs on the 6500s for those vlans.

Jon

True indeed but what i want is to inspect the traffic from vlan 100 to other vlans except vlan 200 and vise verca! is it still possible... i don`t think so?!

Thanks for your reply

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content