Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Purple

6500 boot issue

Have a sup 720 that boots into rommon . I can see that the supervisor config register is not right . How do I change it on the supervisor once its booted up ? I remote command into the supervisor but don't see an option to change the config register in there . Have looked around on CCO and I probably missed it . Is there a easy way to do this once the box is booted up ?

5 REPLIES

Re: 6500 boot issue

config-register 0x2102 at the cli once it's booted up and you are in config mode.

You should be able to issue the config-register 0x2102 command to restore it back to loading up the IOS. If it doesn't load up the IOS, you might have a corrupted image and may need to upload a new one.

https://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Catalyst_6000/6500_System_Crashes_Troubleshooting

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Changing the config-register at the CLI will only change the RP portion.

Get back to rommon and change the config-register in the SP side by following this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

Step 14.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Purple

Right Edison the problem is at the switch processor level not the route processor which is correct at 2102 . I changed it when it stopped at the rommon prompt and its ok now . I was just wondering if there is a way when its booted all the way up to change the switch processor config register , couldn't find any command to do it when I remoted into the switch processor.

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

I'm afraid there isn't.

I encountered a similar problem at a customer site.

I tried using the remote commands and they didn't work.

Glad my suggestion solved your problem.

__

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content