Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 Layer 2 "sh vlan" command strange behaviour

Hi all,

I'm experiencing issue with one 6500 Layer 2 CatOs.

When display "Sh vlan" command, I see a strange port behaviour. Look at the attachment....unbelievable...did anyone know what is the possible cause of this strange behaviour?

Thanx in advance for any suggestions...

13 Replies 13

network
Level 1
Level 1

hello, i gone through ur attachment posted bt im unable to point out what is ur real problem. can u plz specify n why u gave the extra commands like sh mod n sh ver.

The problem is port 7/44 which is showing in all the vlans even though it has been allocated only to vlan 1.

To the OP, can you adminstratively shut the port down to see if that makes any difference. I have not seen this before.

Jon

I just tried to disable port but no change occured. I tried to create a new vlan and then assign it to the port, but in this case also, no changes occured.

Just for let you see what kind of module are installed.

My problem is that when you enter "sh vlan" command, the port 7/44 is inserted in every vlan even though it is assigned only to Default Vlan. I don't know if it's a real problem, but this is really strange.

but it's not in EVERY VLAN. Its not in 10or 11, or 696 or 697 for that matter.

This may happen if the port is configured as a trunk.

something like this:

set trunk 7/44 on dot1q VLAN numbers

one thing I don't know - if the show command output will be like the one you have posted.

Unfortunately yes!!!!

Here there in the show run for module 7.

Was module 7 hot-swapped into the chassis by any chance? If so, was there something different in slot 7 before?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

could you post the part of the config where 7/44 is involved?

Regards,

Here it is

set port name 7/44 CREDEM_test

clear trunk 7/44 1-4094

set trunk 7/44 off dot1q

Look at the attachment

The module 7 is up from September 2007, the 14th.

It has never hotswapped out.

My question was more was it hotswapped in? That is, was the chassis already running when the module was inserted? I have had experience (on a 4506) where a card was hotswapped from one card type to different type, and the behavior was inconsistent until the next reload.

Also, have you noticed this 7/44 phenomenon only just now, or was it there since September?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

The meaning of my answer was that the module has been started contemporaneously with the chassis.

I work with that 6500 all the days and I've never noticed this strange phenomenon until a week ago.

Maurizio Gaigher

Italy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: