Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6500 QoS - dscp-map vs cos-map

Hi experts,

I found that the 10G port actually supports dscp-map as well. If both cos-map and dscp-map are configured and there is a conflict, which one takes precedence?

My hardware is

WS-C6509-E with

VS-SUP2T-10G

and the code is

s2t54-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

6500 QoS - dscp-map vs cos-map

Hello,

DSCP is actually tking precedence. When no DSCP-map configured queueing is happening based on COS>

BTW to configure DSCP-map on Sup2t you need to manually change queueing to dSCP mode:

Note

To enter the wrr-queue dscp-map  command, the interface must be in DSCP-queuing mode. Use the

mls qos queue-mode mode-dscp command to set the mode to DSCP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/commands/cmds4.html#wp1124296

Niko

Re: 6500 QoS - dscp-map vs cos-map

Hey Niko, Thanks very much for your response!

I want to continue using cos-map since it is what we have been using on old 6500 models

Let me confirm one thing, with current config "Queueing Mode In Tx direction: mode-cos", if a packet comes in on one port with no 802.1q tag. The port doesn't have default cos configured either. However the packet has DSCP value (e.g. ef), will the egress port prioritize it? It shouldn't, right?

I was also trying to enable QoS globally on the switch. However "mls qos" doesn't seem to be available.

(config)#mls qos?

% Unrecognized command

However if I just hit enter it still takes the command and enable the qos globally. Any idea why? Is there a new replacement command for this?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content