cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 System Shutdown Scheduled (FanTray)

Caue W
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

This should be a lamme question, but I haven't found the answer so far...

We're actually upgrading the Supervisor from a Catalyst 6500 the new one will be a Sup32, and I'm getting a FanError, and System Shutdown Scheduled in 5 minutes, ok, so far no big deal, Í found at Cisco's Website that this should be the FanTray Version, and how the set a "longer" time, but it's telling me to set this time at the DEBUG-ENG prompt... how can I access it?!

I tried in the enable prompt, but I do not have the set env shuttime command as the procedure tells me to do.

The current software loaded in the Sup32 is CatOS 8.4 and I'll upgrade to IOS, but first I need more time than the 5minutes to be able to download the software.

How do I set this set env shuttime, and even more important, how do I access the debug-eng prompt?!

Here follows the link where I found this, and the text from it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/catos/8.x/system/messages/emsg.html

Error Message SYS-0-FAN_SYSTEMSHUTDOWNSCHEDULED: System shutdown scheduled in [dec]

min, fan tray version incompatible

Explanation: This message displays when the fan tray software is version 1 and the supervisor engine requires fan tray software version 2. [dec] is for the number of minutes before the system shuts down. The default value is 5 minutes.

Recommended Action: At the debug-eng prompt, enter set env shuttime.

Thanks!

Caue Wailemann

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

To get to that prompt you need to enable engineer at the catos enable mode,I would suggest open tac case as you need sequence of passwords to get to debug-eng functions.

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card