Good to know you have already upgraded 8 of the switches successfully. I am about doing this in couple of days. Can I have the step by step process you took for the upgrade. I will equally appreciate any useful documentation for this.
The current image on the 6509E is System image file is "sup-bootdisk:s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3.bin". We are looking to upgrade to 12.2(33)SXI1. I need the step by step process to upgrade this including what to avoid in the process. Any useful documentation will be good for me. Just to leverage on your experience that you have upgraded 8 of the switches already
The following is the procedure that was used. This may useful for other professionals.
1. Take a text copy on a laptop
2. copy start tftp ---- to back up the configuration
3. copy tftp sup-bootdisk: slavesup-bootdisk: ---- to download the image to the Supervisor Engine bootflashes of both active and standby supervisors
4. no boot system sup-bootdisk:oldiamge.bin ---- This removes the current boot statement
5a. boot system sup-bootdisk:newimage.bin ---- This modifies the boot statement to boot from the new image
5b. boot system sup-bootdisk:oldimage.bin
6. copy run start ---- This also triggers a manual synchronization of startup configuration on the standby Supervisor Engine.
7. sh bootvar ---- This verifies the modified boot statements.
8. hw-module module 6 reset ---- This resets the standby Supervisor Engine in slot 6. Before you reset the standby Supervisor Engine, make sure you wait long enough to ensure that all configuration synchronization changes have completed.
9a. show module ---- Verify the redundancy status
9b. show redundancy states ---- Verify the redundancy status
10a. redundancy force-switchover ---- This reloads the active unit and forces switchover to standby. The Supervisor Engine in slot 5 now becomes the standby. The old active Supervisor Engine in slot 5 reboots with the new image and becomes the standby Supervisor Engine.
NB: Establish a console connection to the Supervisor Engine in slot 6 simultaneously when the switchover is initiated from Supervisor Engine in slot 5.
10b Pause for the firewall to synchronize before doing step 11
11. redundancy force-switchover ---- This reloads the active unit and forces switchover to standby. The active Supervisor Engine in slot 6 reboots with the new image and becomes the standby Supervisor Engine forcing Slot 5 to become the Master
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...