Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6506 upgrade issues

I've just upgraded my 6506 Supervisor engine (WS-SUP32-GE-3B) to s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-18.sxf12.bin. After the initial start I try to do a wr or copy run start and I get a message that the system can not find the start-up config. Has anyone run into this? And how do I get this system back to normal?

• LAN Switching and Routing
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: 6506 upgrade issues

Please post the show version output.

__

Edison.

Thanks for your help. I got it working , I erased NVRAM and restarted the switch and it recreated the file.

Where are you saving your startup config? This can happen if you, for example, tell the switch to boot from a config file on a flash disk and then the disk is removed.

Try using 'default boot config' and then a write mem...it would be advisable to back up the config first.

Thanks for your help. I got it working , I erased NVRAM and restarted the switch and it recreated the file.

Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

Please paste exact message along with "sh boot"

HTH

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.