Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6509 CatOS to IOS migration

Hi all,

i have tried converting my 6509's existing CatOS {version 8.4} to IOS {12.2}, following the manual process. the 6509 has a Sup2 & an MSFC2.

When i was done uploading the IOS & restarted the switch, the switch would boot normally, but the RP would crash & generate crash info file in the switch's flash. i am wondering if anyone has experienced such a case.

thank you,

-Mohamad.

6 REPLIES

Re: 6509 CatOS to IOS migration

I have done this succesfully in the past.

The procedure is described in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml#conv_msfc_2

Goodluck!

Regards,

Leo

I have the same situation with 6509 Sup2/MSFC2. It works fine with Hybrid, but when I'm trying to upgrade it to the native IOS the SP boots perfectly but RP crashes:

00:00:01: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHING: System pausing to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:01: %C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER: Invalid CPU ID 9999. System crashed to ROMMON

00:00:02: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHED: System was paused for 00:00:00 to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:02: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch processor

I've tried to update RP rommon, to change the IOS version - no luck. It's always the same problem (%C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER).

Any ideas?

Hi,

i have escalated this issue to a Cisco partner. i should get an answer within a couple of days, and i'll keep you posted.

did you get any answer from cisco?

same problem here

Hi Soheil,

actually i did not; this case remains unsolved. let me know if you get to the bottom of it.

thanks,

-Mohamad.

Same issue faced while trying to upgrade the MSFC.

Any suggestions!!

Views
Helpful
Replies