Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509-E with sup 720-3B doubts

dear all,

ive a brand new 6509-E with me im expecting the Sup720-3B coming week, ive a doubt in this 720-3B MSFC/PFC's are already inside rt?

and what will be the OS inside this?

will it be catos or IOS? or i need to install a new IOS in this.

will it come with "S222AK9H-12218SXD" "Cisco CAT6000-SUP2/MSFC2 IOS ENT FW W/MPLS/IPV6/SSH/3DES"

i need to order it seperately pls help.

i will appreciate & rate all the posts

Regards

Binoy.

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Biboy

The Sup-720-3b will come with an MSFC3 and PFC3B already there.

WS-SUP720-3B Catalyst 6500/Cisco 7600 Supervisor 720 Fabric MSFC3 PFC3B

Don't know OS will come with it but it will be some form of IOS.

If you want a different IOS you will need to order that separately. The safe harbour (SXF) releases are the ones to go with in general.

HTH

hi jon

thanks for your reply.

set commands are nightmare to me, so if you can give some details like configuration guide for IOS "S222AK9H-12218SXD" will be great.

regds

binoy

Binoy (apologies for misspelling name last time)

Here is a link for configuring IOS 12.2SX

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00801609ea.html

HTH

thanks jon for your support.

Binoy,

It can come either in Catos or IOS OS but it depends on your Cisco Partner what he orders for you. If you want IOS you havr to specifically tell him that you need an IOS on Sup-720 and he will order the same for you and you will get the sup720- with IOS.

The IOS that you are telling about on your post, is an advanced security IOS and it doesnot come as free. You have to specifcially order the same IOS.

-amit singh

hi amit

thanks yes the ios its a part of my order i chked the bill of material its there seperate.

Regds

Binoy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card