Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bartwoyak
Level 1
Level 1

I have an older document that identifies the Last day of support for 6509 switches as 11/1/2012. Can anyone confirm or deny that date? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgijssel wrote:

You will be when you register a username.

Anyway, it says 1st of november 2012.

Actually there is a good chance they won't be able to as this is a partner link you have used and the majority are not partners. I can't access that link for example.

To the OP, generally you can substitue the /partner/ part of the URL to /customer/ and it will work eg. -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd8035ece4.html

Jon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Apparently I'm not allowed to view that area of the Cisco site. I get a forbidden file error.

lgijssel wrote:

Actually there is a good chance they won't be able to as this is a partner link you have used and the majority are not partners. I can't access that link for example.

To the OP, generally you can substitue the /partner/ part of the URL to /customer/ and it will work eg. -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd8035ece4.html

Jon

Thanks to all. I was able to see the End of Life/support link when substituting /customer/ for /partner/. I also learned that our Sup modules are supported till 2014 but since the chassis is only supported till 2012, I guess we have to assume the earlier date for "full support". Thanks again.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have an older document that identifies the Last day of support for 6509 switches as 11/1/2012.

The "E" series chassis still has about 7-8 years left.  Particularly when the new Sup2T will be released around 3rd Quarter of 2011.

Great PDF of the future of 6500. I've been looking for info on the 2T, but haven't been able to find much (I'm a partner too).

Hey Collin,

Thanks for the rating.  PM sent to you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card