Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6513 Chassis's VSS

Hello Guys,

I had a question regarding the optimal setup for dual 6500's with supervisor modules using VSS. I know with one 6500 with two supervisor modules, you are exposed as far as a chassis failure goes, but if I introduce another chassis into the infrastructure do I then need to purchase two more supervisor modules or could I take one sup from the current and put it into the new chassis?

Thanks in advance guys!

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: 6513 Chassis's VSS

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You can move the sup, unless you want to use quad sups with VSS.

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: 6513 Chassis's VSS

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You can move the sup, unless you want to use quad sups with VSS.

Cisco Employee

6513 Chassis's VSS

Agree with Joseph. Remove the Standby Sup and placed it on to the other secondary device.

Regards

Inayath

6513 Chassis's VSS

thanks for the help guys!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.