Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

6513 - Mod 9 recycling power - 10 gig 6704 card

Been troubleshooting this issue for a few days now..

I have 2 6513's between floors that have a port channel between them using 2 10 gig interfaces on 6704 cards
This weekend I lost the port channel for about 4 mins and then it came back up. Unfort at the time I had logging
turned off so was unable to get any info as to why. But I turned on debugging that eve and this morn it happened again.

Looks like Mod 9 is being power recycled, 6704 is about a year old and had been running for a month or so without issue.
The only thing I have upgraded in the last few weeks was I put in a pair of 6000w supplies..But I am not having any other issues
other than mod 9. Any ideas ?? In hind sight a better design would be to spread this port channel across 10 gig cards. I'll work on that next.

Any help would be appreciated.

2w2d: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 9, is being power-cycled 'Off (Module Reset due to exception or user request)'
2w2d: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 9 set Off (Module Reset due to exception or user request)
*Mar 1 00:00:02.331: DaughterBoard (Centralized Forwarding Card)

Firmware compiled 15-Nov-11 14:23 by integ Build [100]
Feb 27 10:43:53.927: %SYS-CFC9-5-RESTART: System restarted --
Cisco IOS Software, c6lc2 Software (c6lc2-SP-M), Version 12.2(33)SXJ2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 14-Dec-11 19:50 by prod_rel_team
Feb 27 10:43:53.931: CFC9: Currently running ROMMON from S (Gold) region
2w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 9: Running Minimal Diagnostics...
2w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 9: Passed Online Diagnostics
2w2d: %OIR-SP-6-INSCARD: Card inserted in slot 9, interfaces are now online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most likely the line card stops responding to the supervisior and therefore the microcode of the line card is reloaded to attempt to bring it out of that situation.

Suggestions:-

1. Reseat the line card if it has not  been reseated

2. Move the line card to a different slot and see if the problem follows

3. Most likely you would end of getting the line card replaced. Open a TAC case and request for RMA.

3 REPLIES

Most likely the line card stops responding to the supervisior and therefore the microcode of the line card is reloaded to attempt to bring it out of that situation.

Suggestions:-

1. Reseat the line card if it has not  been reseated

2. Move the line card to a different slot and see if the problem follows

3. Most likely you would end of getting the line card replaced. Open a TAC case and request for RMA.

New card is on the way

Hall of Fame Super Gold

New card is on the way

I agree with point Gurpreet's #2.  You need to determine if the issue is the blade (good news) or the back-plane (bad news).

Views
Helpful
Replies